Click image above to view.
Click image below to view.
1 cup fine-ground cornmeal
½ cup warm water
1 ½ tablespoons softened Bogopa Unsalted Butter
1 teaspoon anise seeds
2 tablespoons white sugar
½ cup frying oil
Bogopa Plain Salt
Bogopa Ground Black Pepper to taste
1. Heat your pan on medium-high heat.
2. While your pan is heating, combine the cornmeal, water, softened butter, anise seeds, salt, pepper and sugar to create a loose, slightly runny dough.
3. Add ½ cup of oil to the pan and allow it to heat through for a minute. This won't take long, as your pan is already heated up.
4. Once the oil is hot, form fritters between your hands and drop them in the oil, frying them for 2 minutes per side or until golden.
5. Place them on paper towels or a cooling rack to drain the excess oil.
6. Enjoy warm!
EXPLORE WAYS TO SHOP
Be the first to know about the best deals on the best
groceries from your favorite neighborhood market!
SIGN UP FOR OUR
Join the Food Bazaar Rewards family and earn your way to FREE groceries, all right from the palm of your hands!