Click image above to view.
Click image below to view.
1 1/2 cups cornmeal
2/3 cup flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon Bogopa Plain Salt
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1 Bogopa Grade A Jumbo Organic Brown Egg
6 tablespoons Bogopa Unsalted Butter, divided
1 cup Bogopa Whole Milk
1. Place a cast iron skillet in the oven. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients: cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Melt 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter in the microwave at half power for a bout 45 seconds. In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients: milk, egg, pure maple syrup and butter. Mix with a fork or whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula just until incorporated and no lumps are present; do not over-mix and do not use an electric mixer.
5. By now, the cast iron skillet should be hot. Carefully remove it from the oven and place the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to coat evenly, including the sides and edges.
6. Immediately pour the batter into the hot skillet. It should be sizzling when poured; this gives your cornbread a nice, crunchy crust.
7. Bake for almost 30 minutes, until the center is firm and doesn't appear wet-looking.
EXPLORE WAYS TO SHOP
Be the first to know about the best deals on the best
groceries from your favorite neighborhood market!
SIGN UP FOR OUR
Join the Food Bazaar Rewards family and earn your way to FREE groceries, all right from the palm of your hands!